Map of Friedensville Zinc Mine
This 1870 survey map was drawn by Miles Rock for The Lehigh Zinc Mines. It was used by the Friedensville Zinc Mines and the New Jersey Zinc Company as a base reference map until the mine was shut down in the 1980s. The site was then acquired by the Stabler Land Corporation and later donated to Lehigh University thanks to the generosity of the Stabler Foundation. The site now houses Penn State Lehigh Valley, Promenade Shops, Stabler Corporate Center. Special Collections holds the archives of Stabler Land Corporation Records of which this map is a part.
Miles Rock. Surveyor. The Lehigh Zinc Mines. Hartman Mine, April 1870.